Iranian raisins come in different colors and are differentiated according to the drying procedure. .This type of Dried Raisin comes from north est of Iran ,Kashmar,Its shelf life is 2 years in cool temprature.
The Institute of Standards & Industrial Research of Iran requires that all raisin producers must observe the following standards in order to export their product:
• Maximum occurrence of gravel or sand: 1 piece per 10kg
• Maximum moisture content: 16%
• Maximum nitrate sulfur (for golden): 2/1000
• Maximum unclean raisins: 5%
• Maximum verminous raisins: 3%
• Maximum other kinds and forms: 1%
• Maximum raisins with stems: 10%
• Maximum length of bunches: 5cm/1kg
• Maximum crushed or damaged raisins: 5%
• Maximum unripe raisins: 2.5% to 5%
• Maximum sugared raisins: 15%
Note: These conditions differ slightly for green raisins.
Raisins are also divided into three sizes according the number of raisins per 100 gr.